10 Free Scrap Busting Sewing Projects
If you sew regularly, you will know that when we make any new project, we usually end up with a number of scrap pieces of fabric. This is particularly prevalent when sewing clothing. The odd shape pattern pieces and print direction normally leaves us with plenty of left over scraps.
A lot of time, effort and resources goes into making fabric that it feels almost criminal to waste even a tiny bit of it. In an effort to reduce waste, I am always looking for ways to use up my scraps.
These projects are also great for beginners too. You don’t need much fabric to get started and they can help you practice your skills on smaller items. They also double up as great gift ideas too.
Today I have gathered together 10 fun scrap busting sewing projects that you can make right now using up a few of your left overs.
1. Fabric Book Mark by Crazy Little Projects
3. Bi-Fold Wallet by Modest Maven
4. Plush Alphabet Magnets by Chez Beeper Bebe
5. Scrap Pieced Belt by Make It – Love It
6. Earbud Pouch by A Rose Tinted World
7. Scrappy Dish Towel by Sew Crafty Me
8. Mini Sewing Kit by I Heart Linen
9. Easy Baby Blanket by Crazy Little Projects
10. Braided Bracelet by How Joyful
I hope you enjoyed this collection of easy scrap busting projects. If you fancy a few more ideas check out 10 Free Zero Waste Sewing Projects for Beginners.
Don’f forget to sign up to the newsletter for more tips and tricks to zero waste and frugal sewing.
Thank you for reading…